College Round 2: Sophomore Year

Thursday, August 20, 2015


If you ever ask me if I'm ready to go back to school the answer will never be a 100% yes. I mean, who's ready to go back to school after the summer I've had!? Now if you ask me if I'm excited to go back to school I'll give a pretty decent yes. I'm ready for the football games, Wii tournaments, and to get all of these 16 credits out of the way.

I'll have a job on campus too, along with my positions on three different e-boards, so it's safe to say that I will learn the skill of multitasking this year. 


My Classes
I'm a Journalism and Mass Communications student with a concentration in multi-media. Since I'm a sophomore now I'm taking more classes directly in my major, which is kind of a scary thing. It's scary because taking these classes kind of represent what I could possibly be doing in the future and what happens if I don't like the work that I'm doing? So this is a little fear of mine that I have, but I'm just gonna wait and see what happens. My journalism classes are: Reporting & Writing, Inter Com in the Digital World, and Practicum-Print.

My other classes are:

Elementary French 1: I actually took one year of French in high school, so I kind of know what to expect and I'm thrilled to learn more of the language because I actually really love it. One day I want to visit southern France. 

Survey of Humanities: I attended my first day of class and the first day is always the most boring day of the year. While we did briefly go over the syllabus, we went straight into this video called Why Man Creates . We only watched the first five minutes, but it was an animated historical composition of major creations in the world throughout time. I personally loved it and found it fascinating. The short was created in the 1960's so it doesn't have inventions after a certain date and I would really love to see the short updated to accommodate new creations. It is safe to say that I really think I'm going to enjoy this class, even though I already have a reading assignment. 

Fundamentals of Algebra & Trigonometry II: Math is math so I'm ready to simply knock this class out of the way. I'm looking forward to the day where I will never have to take a math class again. 


Dorm Room Inspiration
I got a few of my favorite decorations from the thrift store. I found a wooden sign that says 'Girl's Just Want To Have Fun' it's super duper cute. I also found a painting that mirrored the image of palm trees and a sunset. These two items are in the lounge of my suite. In my room I have string lights, a picture hanging device, and a piece of digital artwork of Circular Quay that I got in Sydney. I ordered a poster from Shutterfly recently too. I would've used Walmart Photo Center but their online system frustrates me so I decided to go with Shutterfly, even though they're more expensive, I hope it's worth it.  

Random food for thought: Choose your color scheme wisely.
If you decide sophomore year or senior year that you don't want orange and pink as your color scheme anymore, you'll have to buy all new decorations and linens. And that can be an expensive hassle. 

I have this issue with continuously keeping my room clean, so currently my room is not clean and actually not fully decorated because my Shutterfly poster hasn't come in yet and my stupid command hooks keeping falling off my wall. So this is my lame, but real, excuse for not having any photos up yet of my room and suite. But one day I shall post them!

Uh-oh, I have to head to class soon so I better jet!

xoxo,
Ciarra 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs