The Last, But Not Least, Sydney Post

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Hi everyone!

This post is long overdue. Between finishing up my classes in Sydney, enjoying my last days there, traveling back home, then getting ready to move back to school, I haven't had time to post and I'm very sorry.

I'm writing to you from Virginia/North Carolina, so you know what that means: I'm no longer in Sydney *cue sad face*. I had to come back to reality at some point, but I wasn't ready to leave such a beautiful country with all of the new, and might I add, amazing, friends I made.

I loved singing along to Stacy's Mom with my roommate Shannon during karaoke night in the pub near our house and when Shannon got attacked by a cockatoo, it was actually hilarious and not dangerous at all.

I was only home for one week unfortunately and because I had to go back to school for training because I have an on campus job as a Peer Mentor. I only wish I had more time to reflect on my time in Sydney before going back to college, but alas, life waits for no one.

I'm partially writing this post in the wee hours of the morning because jet lag has become my newest enemy. Therefor I'm not quite sure at this moment how to articulate exactly how much I loved Sydney. A picture is worth a thousand words so I will take this moment to post picture after picture in hopes that you might catch a glimpse of what I experienced.

My view of Hyde Park from the Sydney Eye Tower (previously known as the Westfield Tower)

Another beautiful view from the tower

In between the buildings you can make out a few shells of the Opera House and the bridge is on the left

I saw this alleyway on Pinterest when I first started researching Sydney so I finally found it in my last week. It's called Angel Place and bird cages hang along the street as you can see. 

We gave flowers to one of our coordinators at our farewell dinner and I felt the urge to take a picture with the bouquet

Our place setting from Steel Bar & Grill

My delicious salmon meal, it melted in my mouth. The best salmon I've ever had!


My 3rd and final meal of pancakes from Pancakes on the Rocks

Left to right: Me, Andrew, Shannon

Left to right: Me, Kelley, Andrew, Shannon

Shannon and I 

Sarah and I (She wouldn't smile in any of the photos we took)
Top left to right: Sarah, Emily, Kat, Katie M, Katie W, Dorianne
Bottom left to right: Shannon, Kelley, Liza, Morgan
Missing: Addie

This was taken at Bondi 

A pool right next to the beach at Bondi

Taken on a Bondi to Bronte beach walk




I took this on a cliff at the Royal National Park

Delicious ravioli at Mama Teresa's, a restaurant near our house  

Devon Cafe in Surry Hills

French toast and chai at Devon Cafe

This bird sat outside our house all the time


No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs